Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Carnival at Lowenbrau





well.... a group of us went out sat. night looking for the Lowenbrau (probably not spelled right) brewpub, or at least that's what we thought. turns out it's just a pub that sells alot of Lowenbrau bier. they like it large here as you can see. those are liters not half liters like all the other girlyman pubs serve. the first photo is finally a picture of me. before now you might have thought that someone else was posting all this crap, unless you have found your way to my fellow American wannabe brewmaster's blog site. some of me on there I've noticed. you can see his site at brewschool.blogspot.com Yes, his name is also John. anyway the first shot is not only of me, but also has my five favorite girlfriends with me. they told me not to write their names on here because all of them are married. don't tell. as I said, this is a carnival sort of. in Germany they celebrate a thing called carnival. one of our teachers said they don't really do it justice here in Berlin, but in south Germany they dress up like this and drink, sing and dance all weekend. sounds like fun. we danced with them a couple of times around the room then sat down and drank a few liters. also, this is for mom, that sausage that you thought was so weird, it's pretty damn good. called weisbraut. I've had it at 2 places now. the first place you had to take it out of the casing because it was actually intestines. luckily they told us before we bit it.

3 comments:

Rhyan said...

Radical!!!! You look like you are having so much fun much like being at JD's Sandwich shop or my house after we shoot the best Evan Williams? How bout the superbowl?

All Of Us All said...

Love the 1st picture. Looks like your new band has finally come together.
Johnny Red Pocket and the 5 Ways...Nice...

dh said...

I think that constitutes cradle-robbing on their part...