Saturday, January 26, 2008

remains

today I went on a 3 hour walking tour with 2 other people from school. it was free, but they wanted tips which they deserved. again, I have more pics for later. the first one is the western outer wall with two people on the tour. the guy is on the west with a "w" gang sign and the girl on the east. turns out the wall consisted of two wall with sometimes as much as 200 meters between them. also there was barbed wire, mines, trip wires attached to automatic machine guns, and guards with guns on towers that had to try to kill you. the last picture is this row of bricks to show where the western side of the wall used to be. you can find this all over the city. I 've seen it in other places but didn't know what it was. this gos out to Dave Henderson.


4 comments:

Rhyan said...

John I saw a rad band here the other night and they played Godsmack. Isn't that your favorite band?

Double D said...

awesome!

dh said...

BITCHIN'!!! Thanks for the pics!!! Those are very important chunks of history!!!

All Of Us All said...

I am digging your pics Mr. Red Pocket. As i read through your post I am realizing you may have a hidden talent in writing. Your pics along with your text captions are hilarious. I hope you are having fun. Don't take any shit from any drunken Krauts.